WHAT IS OSTEOPATHY?
Osteopathy is a manual therapy that considers the person as a whole. Through painless techniques, advice and exercises adapted to each patient, its goal is the well-being and autonomy of everyone.
WHAT DOES OSTEOPATHY TREAT?
- New (acute) or old (chronic) pain
- Pain of muscular, articular and (or) neurological origin
- Back pain
- Shoulder pain (rotator cuff syndrome, frozen shoulder …)
- Neck pain (wry neck, muscle spasms …)
- Hip pain (greater trochanteric pain syndrome …)
- Tendinitis (tendinopathies)
- Knee pain (patellofemoral pain, bursitis …)
- Headaches (migraines, cervicogenic headaches …)
My goal is to relieve people of their pain, so that they can live their lives to the fullest. This is achieved through careful listening and examination, explanation of the cause of the pain, appropriate techniques, and a plan that is specific to you.
- After a Bachelor of Medicine at the Université Catholique de Louvain, I studied for 4 years at the European School of Osteopathy in the UK where I obtained a Master in Osteopathy with First Class Honours.
- My background gives me a deep knowledge of the human body which allows me to combine a scientific and holistic approach to health.
- I am also an assistant for the international department of the European School of Osteopathy and I am training in Multidisciplinary Algology (pain science) at UCLouvain.
COURSE OF A SESSION
Careful listening and examination allows to understand where to root of the problem lies
UNDERSTANDINGEach session begins by listening to your story. The most precious information to make the right diagnosis is your experience: where the discomfort is, how it appeared, what causes and relieves the pain, etc.
Then the examination allows me to confirm that your problem is of musculoskeletal origin and that osteopathy can help you. If not, I will direct you to the most appropriate caregivers (general practitioner, neurologist …).
EXPLAININGThe body creates pain when it believes there is danger. Often that is the case (indeed we feel pain due to a cut, burn, strain or fracture), but sometimes the body can misinterpret and cause pain when there is no underlying danger (persistent pain, phantom pain...).
Depending on the case, a different approach will help you best. Neuroscience gives meaning to our experience and this understanding is an important step to a pain-free body.
RELIEFOften, pain prevents us or makes us afraid to move. Osteopathy, through painless techniques, relieves both new (acute) and persistent (chronic) pains.
Feeling less pain helps us regain confidence in our body, which allows us to (re)find pleasure in movement.
PREVENTINGMy goal is not only to relieve your pain, but also to help you prevent future pain. By establishing a plan specific to your case, we can not only prevent pain but also avoid future consultations.
Instead of depending on an osteopath, you can be self-sufficient. Your health is in your hands.
Each treatment lasts 45 minutes and costs 60 euros.
You can pay in cash or with your phone
(Bancontact, Payconiq or an app allowing to read a QR code).
I will give you a certificate for a reimbursement by your “mutuelle”. For the workers of the European Commission, the tax receipt will allow you to be reimbursed if you have a medical prescription.
If you have a medical history (operations, X-rays, blood tests, …), please bring the results. A list of your medications is also useful.
Depending on your preference, you may be in underwear or loose clothing to allow for easy examination and movement. It is paramount that you feel comfortable.
The practice is at a pleasant temperature and the osteopathy table is heated. If you wish, you can bring a towel and/or a blanket.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- DKV: With the A2+ plan: 80% reimbursed per consultation.
- Mutualité socialiste: 12.5 € per session - maximum 5 sessions per year
- Mutualité chrétienne: 10 € per session - maximum 7 sessions per year
- Mutualité libre: 10 € per session - maximum 7 sessions per year
- Sécurex : 10 € per session - maximum 10 sessions per year
- Omnimut : 10 per session - maximum 4 sessions per year
- Partena: 10 € per session - maximum 6 sessions per year (you need to send the 5 certificates together or via the form you can find on their website)
DID YOU KNOW?
Through a partnership with Plant C, a tree will be planted in Soumoy, near the Eau d'Heure lakes in Belgium for every new patient I see. This project of diversification of the Belgian forest will implant 2000 trees of fourteen species with a PEFC certified forest management.
Thus, by coming to the osteopath, you take care of yourself and the planet.
1 new patient = 1 tree planted
Every day of the week. Please note that there are stairs.
W Sports Clinic